Robin McGrew, AIA
Certified Passive House Consultant, LEED AP, Green Roof Professional
Robin McGrew brings over 25 years of experience in residential and institutional design, and in historic preservation in the DC metro area. Her architectural practice ranges from new construction to preservation and adaptive reuse of existing structures. Site context and the specific needs of the client drive her design which is always based on a strong commitment to energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. Robin manages projects from concept design through construction and is experienced in local jurisdiction development and historic approvals, as well as low income housing and historic tax credit financing.
A Certified Passive House Consultant, Robin is a part of the DC area Net Zero Energy Coalition working to advance the development of net zero energy buildings in the region. She is President of the Board of the Friends Non-Profit Housing Corporation which owns an 84-unit apartment complex in Silver Spring, MD that provides affordable housing to working families. She is also on the Administrative Committee of the Mediterranean Garden Society, an international organization promoting water-wise and climate adapted landscapes.
- 1995 Massachusetts Institute of Technology. M. Arch.
- 1989 Wesleyan University. B.A. American Studies.
Registered in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Utah.
- 2017-2021 Cunningham | Quill Architects. Washington, DC
- 2002-2013 cox graae + spaak architects. Washington, DC
- 1998-2002 Robin McGrew, Architect. Washington, DC
- 1995-1998 Moore Poe Architects, Arlington, VA
- 1990-1992 U.S. Treasurey Department – Office of the Curator
- Passive House Certified Consultant
- LEED AP
- American Institute of Architects
- Board of the Friends Non-Profit Housing Corporation, President
- Mediterranean Garden Society, Administrative Committee
- DOEE Green Building Professional Seminar Series
- Washington Architecture Foundation Summer Camp
- Design DC Tour